“Ms. Shah is a winning performer: natural and naturally funny”
~ The New York Times
- May 9, 2015: The collective I’m a part of, The South Asian Film Lab, will showcase excerpts of 3 new screenplays at the New York Indian Film Festival! I’m so excited to be a part of Vinny Anand’s piece “Badge&Chain,” a workplace satire. Join us! Get tickets HERE. Until the event, I’ve been tapped to head up SAFL’s social media campaign…so, if you’re so inclined, please LIKE US on Facebook and FOLLOW US on Twitter!
- Did you miss my latest appearance on The Dr. Oz Show on March 20?? I represented the American Red Cross again and talked with Dr. Oz himself about the importance of knowing how to use an AED. Watch the whole segment HERE!
- April 3, 2015: I got a great call from my agent yesterday, saying I had a direct offer for a co-star role in an episode of a new TV show- NO AUDITION REQUIRED! I mean, it’s only one scene, but still! Can’t wait to shoot today with one of my favorite comediennes
- March 5, 2015: MILESTONE. Today, I had my very first network pilot test for a series regular role!!! It was a whirlwind day of filming, contracts, and learning what this all means…but basically, please send good juujuu my way for the next 5 days. It’s out of my hands now, and whether I’m cast or not, my careerworld has changed!
- February & March 2015: I’ve been quite busy filming a new educational series (remember that long-term gig?) but I’ve been trying to fill my off days with theater, specifically script development workshops and readings – man, I miss that collaborative, creative world!
- January 29, 2015: shot a co-star role for a new television show AND got to work with an actor I admire! I’ll keep you posted on when the episode will air.
- January 13, 2015: It’s official…you’re looking at the newest member of SAG-AFTRA!!! Yay milestone!
- Ongoing starting November 2014: Time to get back into the booth – I’ll be spending the next few months recording a lead character in a new cartoon series!
- Ongoing until May 2015: Today is October 20, and I just found out that I booked a lead role in a project I auditioned for a few weeks ago!!! I can’t post many details yet, but I DO know that it will be a long-term gig – and I can’t wait!